I like paper that has a bit of weight to it. There are some brands that have a cutting guide on the reverse side, but if your paper does not, then just find a consistent pattern on the pretty side of the paper that you can follow. It will help keep your cutting edge straight. Good scissors also make a difference.
When wrapping a gift pull the paper all the way over to the edge, and secure it underneath with double stick tape. Your wrapping will then appear seamless.
The number one tip for a really great looking wrap job is to crease all the edges.
Once your gift is wrapped, then the fun can begin. I am a scrap saver and I bring it all out at Christmas. Having all your supplies close at hand will save you precious time. This gift for my son will go under our main tree which is done in traditional reds and greens. He'll know it's his because he loves fun pencils.
Mr. Decor's favorite color is green. I love using tulle as "ribbon" and always try to add something whimsical. I found the bird at Michael's. The peacock feathers (a favorite of mine) came from Marie at Marie Antoinette. She also gifted me with some wonderful lavender soap and a darling stocking. Thank you Marie!
Are you trying to be more green this Christmas? The following gifts were wrapped in recycled grocery bags.
This little gift will go under the tree in my sons room. It is sweet, but masculine. Even the little metal bird, ribbon and raffia is recycled.
This gift is for a friend who loves vintage trims. I imagine that the trim that I used as ribbon will definitely be enjoyed again.
I generally select paper that is a solid color but still has a pattern. This allows me to add a variety of trims to give each gift personality.
This gift features vintage velvet millinery leaves, and fun pink tinsel. The mercury ornament will look fabulous on my daughter's very glamorous pink and white tree.
A friend of mine got married earlier this year and I wanted this gift to reflect the newlyweds first Christmas together. The pearl trim and dove were hot glued into place.
A few of my favorite bloggers have also shown their creative side through wrapping. These truly travel worthy gifts are from the talented Heather Bullard. Blissful sigh.

The uber creative Candice Carpenter has perfected whimsically delightful gift wrapping. I love her darling tag. So simple, but sweet.
Now, onto Friday Freebie.
Earlier this week I came across a blog entitled I Kicked Cancer's Ass. It's author, Meaghan, is pretty amazing. She is fighting cervical cancer at the ripe old age of 28. But in the true spirit of Christmas she created the Spirit Jump project. How it works is simple. People donate handcrafted or beautiful items and send it directly to someone battling cancer. It provides a jump to their spirit if you will.
So with that same spirit, this week's Friday Freebie winner has already been selected.
It is a hat box filled with a few things that I had made such as dinner napkins, bath salts, candles, as well as a few other fun things that I am sending to a very lovely, deserving lady.
Has the spirit of Christmas found you yet?